Saturday, June 09, 2007

Triathlon training

I have been working out like crazy lately. I've decided to do a couple of sprint-distance triathlons. The first one is a 500 yard swim, a 20 kilometer (12.8 mile) bike, and 5k (3.2 mile) run. The second is the same except the swim is 750 meters.

I plan to do the bike part on my mountain bike instead of a road bike. I really want to do XTERRA style tri's. That's where the bike is a mountain bike race on dirt, and the run is a trail run. I wanted to do one this summer but it doesn't work out with my schedule. Next year I will do two, I hope.

But this is going to affect my blog posting time. I am spending a lot less time watching the news and more time training. I think that's probably a good thing. There isn't much good news happening right now. Apparently the single most important issue in America is whether Paris should be in jail or not. War? What war? We are doomed and we deserve what is coming.

I'm either going to get sent back to Iraq in the next year or the quitters will get their way and the war will come home to us. Either way, I'm going to try to enjoy myself in the meantime.

No comments: