Tuesday, December 01, 2009

I've got to stop talking to people

I'm an impatient bastard. I know this about myself. And it's getting worse. This is pretty common for me around deployments. It's happened pretty much every time I've gone on a hardship tour or on a war deployment.

I get irritated easily, especially by people who are not deploying. That mostly means civilians. Sorry. It's not the civilians fault, I know that and I try very hard not to let people know that I'm irritated. But I know sometimes it comes across.

I've talked to my wife and she says she sometimes feels the same way. (She's also a Soldier for those tuning in late.) My son has also said the same thing. So I guess it's not that uncommon.

I suppose I'm posting this as a way of saying, if you know someone who is deploying soon, cut them some slack. You may think they are mad at you, and they may just be on edge.

No comments: